SofTouch Perisaltic PLUS Wide Neck Teat 1pc (SS) 0 Months +
This product is currently sold out.
As close to breastfeeding as possible.
Medically researched to mimic the peristaltic (wave-like) motion of sucking during breastfeeding so nipple confusion can be avoided when combining breast with bottle feeding.
- Includes 1 x (SS) sized teat for babies 0 Months +
- Teat is the perfect shape and size to fit into sucking fossa of baby
- Inner vertical lines strengthen the structure; making it collapse resistant
- Textured surface allows baby to latch on easily and securely
- 100% Silicone nipple; super soft and flexible, allows natural and smooth tongue movement.
- Air Ventilation System (AVS) reduces intake of gas, a potential cause of colic.
What is the difference in the openings of the different teat sizes?
In an SS and S teat, the teat opening is a round hole. This means that if you hold the bottle upside down, milk will drip out without any sucking needed. This is perfect for young babies who have little jaw development yet as they don’t have to work too hard to get their milk.
In the M, L and LL teats, the opening is a cross cut. This means that if you hold the bottle upside down no milk will drip out, as the baby is required to suck on the teat in order to open the cross cut tip. This is perfect for babies as they get older and have stronger jaw muscles. A cross-cut also enables a baby to vary the flow of milk themselves – the harder they suck, the larger the cross-cut opens.